Shawnee Family Health Centers provides mental health and physical health care services for adults and children in Adams, Lawrence and Scioto Counties. Let us be your one-stop shop for your health care needs.
From helping you or your family with managing diabetes and treating infections to helping you with managing stress, depression or severe mental health illnesses, Shawnee Family Health has the services to meet your needs.
By providing both medical and mental health services we can better focus on overall health and wellness, whether it stems from a physical problem or a mental health problem or is a combination of both. From treating illness to advising and helping our clients maintain a healthy lifestyle, our trained professional staff get to know you and your family and are dedicated to helping you meet your physical and mental health goals.
As your chosen primary care provider, we can help you better manage all the types of medical issues and make referrals for specialty care when needed.
- Office visits for the diagnosis and treatment of common acute conditions, such as infections, earaches, sinusitis and chronic health problems like diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Risk prevention patient counseling for diabetes, hypertension and other chronic conditions.
- Health promotion such as self-breast exam education, appropriate ER use education, diabetes education, etc.
- Complete physical examinations & Routine lab testing
- Tobacco cessation treatment and counseling
- Gynecological exams
- EKGs; Nebulizer treatments/breathing treatments
As your chosen mental health care provider, we can help you effectively manage a variety of problems, including bi-polar disorder and schizophrenia
Our mental health services include:
- Brief, problem-focused counseling; grief, marital
- Crisis Intervention
- Psychiatric services to determine medication needs and on-going management of psychiatric medications;
- Service designed to help people with long-term mental illnesses live independently and fully in the community
- Job search, job placement and job coaching
- Health Home services for those with both physical and mental health conditions
Shawnee Family Health Center
Is a contract agency of the Alcohol, Drug, Addiction, and Mental Health Services Board of Adams, Lawrence, and Scioto Counties.
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
- The Ohio Council of Behavioral Healthcare Providers
- The National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
- National Alliance on Mental Illness-Ohio
Accredited by CARF for
- Community Support Program-Adults
- Community Support Program-Children
- Outpatient Counseling for Adults and Children
- Crisis Intervention for Adults and Children
- Integrated Primary care and Behavioral Health
Accredited by American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities for
- Rural Health Clinic for Scioto & Adams Clinics